When COVID-19 hit, our immediate priorities were employee safety, supporting clients, and strengthening the company for the long term. In practice, that meant:
- Activation of our Business Continuity Program and Pandemic Preparedness Plan.
- Daily senior leadership meetings.
- Transitioned 75% of our employees to work remotely.
- Company-wide personal protective equipment (PPE) provisions were provided along with strong cleaning protocols to support employee safety.
- Reconfiguration of corporate headquarters and branches to support social distancing, including installing Plexiglas partitions in branches and between office cubicles.
- COVID-19 testing provided for employees and their partners at no cost.
- Special appreciation bonus paid at the end of 2020 to all employees (other than senior executive managers) in the aggregate amount of $2.4 million.
Increased employee benefits, including:
- branch employees paid for full day for partial days worked
- provided up to 80 additional hours supplemental sick pay
- provided supplemental bonus pay to key employees (March, April, May 2020 to Branch, Client Services, Wire Room, Facilities)
- offered corporate dependent care resources through Care.com
- offered Employee Assistance Program providing dependent care referrals and mental health resources
- Hourly employees awarded 4-hour pay allocation to receive COVID-19 vaccination when available.
- Branches remained open with reduced hours, lobby traffic limited, and social distancing measures exercised to keep employees and clients safe.
- In the midst of the pandemic, we supported our clients with over 3,800 PPP loans with a volume of approximately $1.1 billion. This committed action helped our clients to retain 122,803 jobs.
- In 2020, we dedicated 40% of our charitable donation funds to COVID-19 relief efforts totaling over $1.1 million.